If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 24 May 2012

Outfit #38 - The Swapped Skirt

Outfit details:
Skirt: Sinerji (swap).  Singlet: Dotti.  Tshirt: Ambra organic cotton.  Shoes: Hot Options.  Earrings: Mombasa.

When asked what was my favourite item of recycled clothing earlier this year, this skirt was it.  I love it.  Nearly every time I wear it, there is a positive comment from someone - the embroidery on the front is so peaceful.  I scored it at a swap day - because I was considered a tall person (win!!).  It is quite loose and comfy.  And as its label claims it's sustainable and ethical I get warm fuzzies whenever I even look at it.  Considering the number of wearings last year I was shocked that I waited until now to wear it to school this year. 

Last Wednesday a student asked for a photo of my earrings.  The same student was admiring this skirt and then saw the owl earrings - and asked for a photo of these earrings too.  I don't think there was a particular reason this time, just that she likes that they are owls.  Yet another 10-yr-old told me they were, like, almost like 3D...sooo cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment