If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 25 November 2012

Chinese Dishes

Last night, we went to a season launch for a musical theatre company.  Finger food was provided, but we felt the need for something more substantial after that.  As we were in the Valley, we had a wealth of Asian food places from which to choose.  We opted for an unassuming place on Wickham St which has been around for 20 years - so, great food.  (I think it was called 'Super Bowl' - which gave me a giggle).

I tried 2 dishes I haven't had before - Sang Choy Bow, and Pork ribs.  I am really glad I had someone experienced helping me along otherwise I would have had mince all down my front.  We also had Mongolian Lamb (an old favourite), and the combination of dishes (refreshing, sweet, salty) was a winner.

So now I know the better way to roll the lettuce so you have a roll with a backbone... and how addictive sweet sticky ribs can be...  It's probably a good thing I don't eat out very often - I'd most likely have to be in permanent training for a half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment