If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 7 June 2012

Outfit #43 - Groovy Stripes

Outfit details:

Skirt: Gina Tricot (op shop).  Blue top: Dotti.  Red vest: Grab denim (from Jeannie).  Stockings: Target.  Boots: Sandler.  Scarf: gift.  Jacket: Sportsgirl (from Jeannie).  Earrings: made by me.

I've had a couple of days break from blogging - there'll be an update or two tomorrow!  Meanwhile, yesterday involved a whole lot of walking and mountain-climbing, in not the greatest footwear.  I longed for a comfortable outfit for today, plus a chance to wear these stockings.  This seems to be my comfy skirt - I'm now officially on the lookout for another like this one.  And more boots.  Not the greatest earring photo...but you can vaguely get the idea.

So many compliments today!  A 7-yr-old looked up while doing her shoelaces - "ooh, I like your stockings.  And your dress.  Pretty much everything you're wearing today.  Oh, and my mum has those exact same boots!"  Staff compliments included "those are such groovy stockings!" and there were so many bows in the air at the ensemble rehearsal this afternoon as girls wanted to tell me how much they liked my stockings.  They stole the show.

And I did feel these were very groovy stockings.  I just wish my legs were longer so the effect of the stripes could be greater.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment