If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 20 January 2012

Thursday January 19 - Cello

I am a violinist.  I can also play the viola (although 'real' violists get a bit antsy when I tell them this as I've never had an actual viola lesson...).  My brother suggested I learn the cello from him.  I thought this would be easy. 

It wasn't. 

I'd already played Hot Cross Buns and Mary Had a Little Lamb on student instruments at school.  All the kids thought that was the coolest thing ever.  On a full-size cello though, it's so much harder.  The sound, the hand position - agh!  Now I know what total beginners go through. 

But, I took home this cello and it sounds marginally less horrible now.  I'm considering baking a batch of Apology Biscuits for my poor neighbours though.

No comments:

Post a Comment