If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 19 January 2012

Wardrobe Reorganisation Part 1

This has been a huge change for me.  Previously, this chest of drawers was in my wardrobe.  For years.  Blouses and skirts could hang on the rail above, and earrings lived on top.  And, being a flat surface and out of sight, it was a magnet for junk.
But... being under the rail meant that I often knocked over the earring stand (disaster!) and it was hard to dust.  On top of all that, the living room is always chaotic when anyone stays as they have nowhere to store things.

So on New Year's Eve I went to Kmart to look for plants, and a hook for over a door (a bright idea for necklace storage).  I didn't buy any plants.  I didn't buy any hooks.  I did buy 2 hanging wardrobe storage things and 2 hanging shoe storage things.  I was thinking of doing before and after shots of the wardrobe, but the before state was just embarrassing, and I was so fed up with the way it was I couldn't wait to get stuck into change. 

It was still a week before the drawers made it downstairs to the living room.  And, at this stage, the drawers are not in their original order.  I need to clean them out so the original would be unnecessary, but it still throws me off when I'm looking for something and have to go through several drawers before I find The Right Drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment