If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 28 January 2012

Wardrobe Reorganisation Part 2


As promised earlier, there was a second, just as drastic, change to the wardrobe reorganisation.  After moving the chest of drawers down to the living room, I now had the space to install these hanging thingies.  They are *so* good.   The previous arrangement had everything now in the hanging things folded on the shelves (to the left, not pictured).  Which was ok... Except I only ever used the top few layers of clothes.  And it was hard to find anything not at the front. 

Now, though.... ah, bliss.  Surprisingly, it is much easier to put away my clothes.  Not surprisingly, it is much, much easier to find anything.  I'm not sure how I'll go when the cooler months arrive as I'll need space for bulkier clothes, but I'll sort out something then.


The main impetus for change was accessories.  I eventually found this hanger, intended for pants, which is perfect.  I can display all my necklaces (except for pearls), I can access them easily, I can see them easily.  Next step is to arrange them by colour, of course.

Not pictured are the shelves to the left.  Jeans, shorts, and workout gear occupy the lower 2 shelves, earrings and more delicate necklaces on the top.  The ease of finding workout gear is an unexpected joy.  Instead of searching through a jumble of stuff to find everything required, now I only need to look there to see an item in each pile, and search the laundry for any missing items.  So much time saved!  I am slowly becoming a convert to organised space.  Which doesn't really gel with the OCD compulsion I have, but I just didn't have anything in place before.  Now, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment