If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 19 January 2012

Wednesday, January 18 - Just Go

I had to leave the house Wednesday afternoon.  I left with no actual plan of what I was going to do, where I was going to go, how I would get wherever I was going...  I figured I'd just missed the next train, so opted for a bus, then thought I'd see which bus came first and think about my options as I went.

The first bus would take me by South Bank, so I got off there (at the same time as Mary Poppins ended its matinee session - think swarms of happy pint-sized people), walked through the arbour, picked up a coffee at a deli, and continued walking to the Maritime Museum.  This photo is from there - I love the contrast of the grey storm clouds against the white bridge.  When the rain became more than just threatening I wandered back and went home.

Things to do better next time: remember ear phones.  An escape is better with music.
If it really looks like rain, forgo the water bottle for an umbrella (or use a bigger bag).
Anything else would really require forward planning so wouldn't qualify for a Just Go experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment