If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 21 April 2012

Banana and Walnut Bread

I had 2 bananas that were overripe.  One was so overripe that it felt apart on the banana stand.  You know what that means...

 The recipe can be found here.  I only had a bit over 50g of walnuts, so I topped up the 100g with the pistachios I had leftover from Easter's dessert (chocolate, chilli and pistachio mousse).  As it only requires flour, egg, milk, banana, bicarb, sugar, bananas and nuts - all ingredients I had in stock - it feels vaguely healthy.  But that would be from the lack of butter and not needing too much sugar.  It is so moist that it doesn't need butter though so maybe this could be a win.  The only thing was it was really not even close to ready at the 45 minute mark, but another 5 minutes was all it needed. 
Of course, now the other problem is I have banana bread... Thankfully it freezes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment