If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 20 April 2012

Brew

I realised when I got to Brew that I had actually already been there before... But not on my own before, and it's changed a bit since my last visit.  So this counts, right?


Brew is one of those industrial sorts of coffee places - electrical cords for light fixtures, unfinished painted bits on the ceiling, astro-turf at the entry... It really feels like a garage that's been tizzed up a bit and had a coffee machine or 2 installed.  There is even a car parked near the first counter.

I went inside to sit down for my coffee - not nearly so hipster.  The inside is free of the astro-turf, thankfully, and has a range of seating options.  There were enough people there (11am on a Friday) that I didn't feel I was out of place, but not so many I had to scrounge around for a seat.  Following the fashion of quirky order numbers, Brew allocates playing cards.  The 9 of diamonds is ok, I guess.

Coffee would normally be enough for me, but I caved and ordered banana bread as well.  Unfortunately it came pre-buttered and sans knife.  I had gone for a run in the morning and felt hungry all through the morning until well after lunch.  If anyone can tell me why running in the evening has no effect whatsoever on my appetite (possibly even reduces it) but morning running increases my appetite, I'd love to know!




Anyway, service was good, food and coffee were relatively quick, and (best of all) the cappuccino had a good thick layer of chocolate on top.  Happy.  Brew is in Lower Burnett lane, technically off Albert St but just on the Adelaide St side of the Queen St Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment