If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 23 April 2012

Coffeecoffeecoffee

Alternative title for this post: "I can see through time...." (that's Lisa Simpson). 

Non-school breakfasts include one coffee.  I think this is the law.  Mondays usually include a coffee post-workout, around 10:30 or 11.  This morning I was meeting someone about Fete de la Musique (coming up on June 21), and I met my brother in town for coffee.  We went to Pour Boy, on Wharf St.  Because I arrived first I ordered a coffee and, by the time everything else arrived I'd finished that... So I had another.  Pour Boy does great coffee.  And they have great service.  And their muffins - wow.  All the food is made in-house.  Near the end of that coffee, I confessed I had no idea what to do for a New Thing for today.  "There's a great coffee place the other side of Central Station", says my brother, "but that would be your 3rd in an hour".  Hm.  Let's do it.

We ended up on the corner of Wickham Tce and Upper Edward St.  In a building not unfamiliar to me...  A dear friend, now in Melbourne, was part of the team who redid the interior design of this art deco landmark, Wickham House.  Now, in the corridor is a coffee place, called Brother Espresso.














And the barrista wears a tshirt with an important message.  I loved it so much I took a photo (with his permission) - and, when we were done, I asked if I could put his photo up here.  (These are both new things - I don't know if it was the excess caffeine or if I'm just becoming my mother).









This was another great coffee place - and can you see how much chocolate is on top?!  Amazing.  Such a creamy taste.  So, I think I have another go-to place for caffeination.  Three in an hour was perhaps a little too much though - my legs, already sore from Trainer Dan, felt really odd, not so much jittery but like I was about to run a 10km race. 

I thought that would be my limit of coffee for the day.  Not so.  After lunch I was considering a nap (seriously sleep-deprived) - but with so much to do I kept going.  Before my last student, I had a snack and a coffee, hoping it would help me get through tonight's gig.  But even before that began, I knew I needed something more.  I resisted the urge for a cola drink and went with a coffee milk instead. 

Total coffee units for today: 5 plus a coffee milk.  Wow.  I wonder if I'll sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Just in case you're still up - I love your post. Sounds like you had a great day out in the city. This year I'm aiming to make it to Fete de la Musique on the proviso a certain little baby doesn't decide to enter the world early :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - still up! Still so much to do so I am really hoping the exhaustion kicks in and I can sleep...
      Thank you :) we were both dealing with a bit of stress so the coffee really helped (it calms you, right? :P)
      Tell that little one to stay put for a bit longer so you can get along to Fete. I'm sure they'll all understand. :)

      Delete