If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 1 April 2012

March Spending

I'll just come straight out with it.  Grand total for the month is (gulp) $258.  I can explain...

I started the month with no items on my wish list, except a pair of slip-on shoes for wearing between stations and school/home. 

March 2: Target - Ugly black thongs $16
Black flats with flower $12

I felt justified in buying the black flats - they made up for the ugliness of the thongs.  Plus, I need them when I'm on duty at church.  And really, what else was I going to buy this month???

March 12: Target Indooroopilly
More shoe love:
Navy flats $7.50
Beige flats $30










Then, March 16 was the Global Music Fiesta for Charity.  I needed something not black to wear, so I bought a green dress.

Oasis Boutique in Adelaide St (end of lease sale... come on!)
Sunny Girl dress, $32.50

This took my subtotal to $98 for March.  With 2 weeks to go, I thought I'd be fine not buying anything more.  Oh well.





I have been running a lot lately, for many reasons, but mostly because it makes me happy.  This means though that my weight has come down somewhat in the last month, and just that much that my clothes are no longer really fitting.  I was eagerly awaiting April anyway, but then Friday happened.

When I joined the gym about 18 months ago, my goal was to fit into a particular pair of jeans again.  On Friday, I had 2 (free!) tickets to QSO and, with no dresses fitting, I thought I'd try Those Jeans on.  They've been close for the last few months, but not quite great enough to venture out in public.  But - ta da!!!  They fit beautifully.  Yippee!

Going through my (extensive) denim collection, I realised that I only had 1 pair of regular jeans that actually fit.  Knowing I had a $20 voucher for Jeanswest, I planned to buy one pair of jeans.  You know how it is, though - you get in there and not only can you get those 2 pairs for $98, they're having 30% off jeans...  The voucher then was useless, but I ended up with 3 pairs of jeans.  One pair is still being shortened because according to that make, I'm about 15 cm too short.  Another pair is a super skinny design - the salesgirl kept trying to convince me to try them on.  Amazingly, though, they fit and were really great when on.  The biggest win for me though, was a pair of skinny jeans.  The size I would normally buy was too big, and when I was still trying to check I actually had the right size, the salesgirl said she'd get the next size down.  Sure - because that size has never made it on.  My jaw dropped when they turned out to be an amazing fit.  I know it's just the particular design, but wearing a pair of jeans in that size is such an amazing boost to my ego.  Yes, I did a little happy dance, and I'm wearing them right now...  Does that make up for spending $160 on jeans?  I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. I *love* your shoes! Especially the navy flats with the flowers ... only$7.50?? I think a trip back to Australia is a must! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, $7.50 *come back to Australia!!!* I think the navy pair is my favourite for the month...

      Delete