If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 9 April 2012

The Go Between Bridge

And here we have another post on running.  I do love running.

For the last couple of months, my standard run has been to the Go Between bridge - an 8 km return run.  In the last couple of weeks, I've made myself run up the last hill leading to the bridge, which makes the descent feel wonderful.  After the legwork required to get up to the top, stretching out the legs and sprinting down to the bridge is such a wonderful feeling.  I probably have an insane grin on my face at the time.

Even though the Go Between has been up for about 2 years, I've never walked or run across it.  Today was the day.  It only adds about 500m to the length of the run, but I figure now I've done this I can run more along the other side of the river. 

The best bit about tonight was, as soon as I had run up the stairs to the bridge, there was lightning over Mt Coot-tha, and this continued for all the return run.  Now, I was pretty sure my brother had said there was a great water fountain on the other side.  There wasn't - it was just a dribble.  The great water fountain is on this side.

My actual run was not amazing - it felt like hard work, probably from the large number of alcohol units consumed over the last 2 days.  Now I can't wait though to run more around West End and South Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment