If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Out of Season Organisation

Weather is weird.  In the middle of March, I was feeling the need for some warmer clothes.  The fan left the living room just before Easter.  And then I lived in shorts and tees for a while because summer came back.  Tuesday was forecast for 28C.  Today has been wonderfully cool though, and the next few days (according to weather on the iPhone) will be similarly not hot.  For Brisbane standards.

This evening I finally put my summer clothes in storage.  There is usually a crossover period where I have the next season's clothing down from the attic but still have the ebbing season's clothes still in use, and for a couple of weeks I've had my winter clothes strewn about the place.  Barring any more emergencies, I have no house guests for at least 2 weeks so, until I work out the best way to organise the winter things in my newly revamped wardrobe, the warmer things are now on the spare room bed.

One thing I noticed this year as I was getting the winter things down was that I had to go digging through the bags to find what I was after.  Well, I'll be honest - it's always the pajamas I'm after first.  Thankfully they have a distinct texture, but I thought it might be more useful (and organised!) to label the bags.  Well, to sort the clothes first, then to label the bags.  So I actually sorted my summer clothes (instead of just piling them all into the bags randomly), and labeled the bags.  That is, separates, togs (and swimming-related things), and dresses and pajamas.  I have a lot of dresses.  Hopefully this will make the next crossover easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment