If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Outfit #23 - Six 'P's

 Meh.  Today's outfit was not a winner.  On the upside, this has reminded me that Proper Preparation and Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

Outfit:
Singlet: Ice. Top, Earrings: Sportsgirl (op shop).  Pants: Portmans.  Shoes: Pulp.  Necklace: gift from Jeannie - she's one of these talented people who can buy a necklace in an op shop, then rework it into a new necklace.  This was even in her blog here


Normally, I plan my outfits on Monday, if not before.  But not this week.  So yesterday I had a bit of a plan for today, but not anything definite.  Eventually I thought this combination might work, and as I actually got a sleep-in this morning (thank you, school camp for grades 6 - 12!), I didn't stress about checking it beforehand.   Of course I ended up with not much time to change the plan, so I was stuck with this. 

Benefits:  it was quite cool - as this was a warmer day than I expected, and my train was not air-conditioned this morning (peak hour - ergh), I was relieved I'd decided on a summery top.  Also, the necklace is great!  I taught with it, but then also played duets and practiced, no problems.  Woohoo!

Drawbacks:  these pants are now too big.  Cue Big Sad Face.  They're not outrageously big - I can still get away with it, and in a couple of weeks when the weather is cooler and I can wear a vest it will be ok, but right now... No.  Plus when I'm used to them being quite fitted, having them this loose is just a bit uncomfortable.  And it means I absolutely must wear heels.  Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, of course.  Although this morning, I got all the way to the station (including at least 3 thoughts about shoes) and it was only on the platform, checking out the shoes of the woman in front of me, that I realised my heels were still at home.  Good thing I had left earlier than necessary for work!  The workmen in my street smirked at me on my return trip.  And, the shirt and singlet combination - again, a bit too loose and floppy, at least for teaching.

One friend effectively worked out yesterday's expression (almost Zoolander - actually just from a model shot, once I stopped giggling).  Any guesses for today's head shot expression?

No comments:

Post a Comment