If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 3 June 2013

The New Dish Drainer

Actually, the new dish drainer is more like a symbol of me relinquishing control.  You see, I wasn't very well, and my mum came to stay.  I wasn't at the stage of being sick where I needed hot soup brought to me or anything, but I was still in the 2 naps a day, when possible, stage.  Normally, I resist change and help, especially when it's in the kitchen.  But I just let it be.  I'm not good at the whole cleaning thing either, but I now have a sparkling clean kitchen.  And a new dish drainer.

The dish drainer is on probation.  There isn't much space on the lower level, and the water collects a fair bit and stops those dishes drying quickly.  It's also smaller than my last one - but this fact I'm counting as a plus.  Plus it's really purty.  So, right now at least, I'm loving my kitchen, mostly, and glad that I let my mum do what mums do, mostly.  (And I apologise for the crooked photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment