If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 2 March 2012

Emergency Coffee

My hair salon has moved.  It's great for them - bigger, newer, you can boil the kettle, keep the music playing and use a hairdryer all at the same time.  But it's less convenient for me.  Good thing for them, then, that I'm a loyal customer with an aversion to change.  It's much easier now to go in-bound rather than out-bound once I'm all pampered, so a hair trip often turns into something more.  Today, I had plans to catch a Citycat to New Farm and find a new coffee place there.  Great plan.  I was excited - the river was so inviting. 

I still caught a Citycat, but by the time I caught one, it was getting really close to the end of my acceptable coffee time and into the emergency coffee time.  So, with the Good Guide, I sorted out a cafe in the city I would try. 



I didn't make it.  As soon as I spotted this place (Boulevard St. Michel, 187 George St), I thought I'd give it a go.

It was not overly impressive.  I sat outside, as the inside smelt of food (an eggy smell, one that I can rarely tolerate).  Not long after I sat down, however, I remembered one of the huge drawbacks of al fresco anything in the city - smokers.  Thankfully after that first one there were no more.  Next drawback - panhandlers.  The coffee itself was not amazing, the foam not very stiff, but at least it came with a generous sprinkling of chocolate on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment