If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Outfit #16 - A Bit French

Today was blergh.  But blue and white and red - hello France.

Outfit details:
Skirt and white singlet: Hot Options.  Top: David Lawrence.  Shoes: Milu.  Earrings: ? from David Jones.  Necklace: made by me.

Although I didn't go to bed exhausted, I woke up in the middle of a dream.  From then on, it was mostly downhill.  I won't blab on and on about my day, but there were train problems, it was raining, I hadn't taken a warm top or painkillers (both, unusually, would have been great), and my eyes have felt like closing all day.





It wasn't all bad.  I'll now be playing as well as listening at a gig on Friday - the Global Music Fiesta starts at 6 at the Bleeding Heart Gallery, 166 Ann St, in the city.  Tickets are $15 (minimum) at the door, all proceeds to CARE Australia.  I'm excited!

This skirt was one of last year's most-worn items.  I didn't tally its wearings, but it seems to have been worn a lot in my memory.  And no surprise really, as it's black and white and doesn't need ironing, or even to be on a hanger.  It does, however, have some not-amazing memories to go with it.  Today I even considered putting it in my giveaway pile.  We'll see.

The shoes had a bit of a comeback today - the first (and last) time I wore them I had the most horrendous blisters.  No running for a bit, and I had to get those large Elastoplasts in order to not cry when I wore shoes.  Some preemptive Bandaids sorted that problem today.


 You can always tell when I haven't had many breaks at school - the detail shots are taken at home...  By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was change into pajamas and sleep.  See my dedication in taking detail shots first?  Well, maybe.  The earrings are hard to see.  But they're like snowflakes, if you're wondering.  The idea for the necklace I stole from someone else - theirs had black beads instead of red, and red instead of white.  I quite like the idea of using small beads to fill the in between bits, instead of bare wire and crimps.

This top has a very tactile front.  Kids love touching it (weird much?!) - not only does it have bits attached, but they're of different textures also.  Unfortunately it needs a different something underneath, as I was adjusting my front all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment