If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Outfit #15 - Like a Librarian

 Outfit details:
Blouse: Sportsgirl (op shop).  Singlet: Ambra.  Skirt: Sunny Girl (op shop).  Shoes: Pulp.  Necklace: op shop.  Bracelet: gift.  Earrings: made by me.

I thought today's outfit would be hampered by the shoes.  I was wrong.  It was the skirt that was rather restrictive.  The drawback of this was, obviously, I couldn't walk as fast as I would like.  Stairs took longer - and on Tuesdays, when I have at least 3 lots of 3 flights of stairs as well as every time I need to leave my teaching room, this is quite significant.  On the upside, though, there was no 'Marilyn Effect' on all those junior school stairs.  And the shoes were much easier to walk around in than I had anticipated. 



 This skirt I bought in January.  Shopping with some friends as a post-summer-school celebration, I picked this skirt and a few others off a rack and went to try them on.  Once on, I then noticed the detail at the back.  "Is this weird, or does it have the sexy librarian look happening?"  Unanimous vote on the latter - sold! 

I must admit, though, it doesn't feel quite as amazing as it did when I bought it.  There's just a bit more room in the waistband.  I do like the button detail though, and the ruched back doesn't feel nearly as raunchy as in the dressing room.
I made these earrings in 3 varieties - these blue ones, black, and green.  One of my girls said they look like little worlds, until you get closer and can see the flowers.

The necklace I'm liking more and more.  I discovered after its last wearing that one of the beads at the front is split so I'll have to glue that together.  It did come on and off all day so I could play, but it feels really nice when on - and suits the neckline of this top rather well.


How amazing are these shoes?!  I worked out today that I bought them 2 and 1/2 years ago - and this is only their 2nd or 3rd outing.  Incredible.  I was a little worried about wearing them to work, being rather high and platform, but they held up remarkably well.  I was originally going to wear a far more boring pair, but with all the grey/blue/black above the ankles, cherry red was just what was needed. 










Yes, I anticipated much shoe-gazing during the day.  Bonus - the shoes matched the drum!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your shoes! The rest of your outfit is lovely too but I LOVE your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! Can't believe I haven't worn them more...

    ReplyDelete