If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 17 March 2012

Silken Tofu

I used to be practically vegetarian, or 'free-tarian' (eat meat if someone else has paid for it).  So firm tofu was eaten on a semi-regular basis, mostly because I knew it was good for me.  Then I just got over it and stuck with tuna instead.  Yes, very boring.  (I am no longer quasi-vegetarian, and switched to salmon late last year).  I know that tofu is an excellent source of iron, and today I decided to try silken tofu.

This is not a meal I would serve to anyone, really, except me.  Really quick and easy, reasonably tasty, but sloppy and, let's face it, ugly.  The texture I greatly prefer to the firm version and I didn't feel I had to douse it in soy and spices to be able to eat it.  It was much harder to find in the supermarket though.  Environmentally, and for my insides, I know a more vegetarian diet is better, so I will be trying to incorporate silken tofu into my diet more.  I just need to find a better way to prepare it.  Maybe I'll actually find a recipe for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment