If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Outfit #19 - Face It, Summer's Over

 Getting dressed this morning, I couldn't face the world without leggings and a cardigan.  I wore flats to work and it took some effort to change into the green shoes, exposing my toes.  I'm facing it - summer is over.  But that's ok - I love this time of year. 

Outfit details:
Dress: Hot Options.  Singlet, Leggings: Ambra.  Cardigan: Jeanswest.  Shoes: Pinet.  Earrings: Oxfam.  Bracelet: Eumundi Markets.

Every time I photograph these earrings, they look a different colour.  They're mother-of-pearl (or something similar) and so they're more reflective than most of my jewelry. 




The bracelet is nearly 3 years old - I bought it just before Easter in 2009, on the way up to Fraser Island and a fabulous holiday.  It's perfect for me - it's green, and it's the style that wraps around and stays put, so it doesn't jangle around when I play.  Other bracelets tend to annoy me so much I remove them within about 10 minutes.



I was glad I changed shoes, eventually.  A few teachers now check out my shoes as soon as they see me - a big change from last year!  As I was vacuuming on Monday I was checking out the shoe collection, thinking for some I'd better wear them this week or it will be another few months - this was one of those pairs. 
 My first student after lunch looked at me with a raised eyebrow and asked if I was wearing leggings.  Well, yes, I've been cold all day.  I don't think she really believed me, until I had to fix one of her hands - then she felt how cold my hands were.  She believed me then.


I must apologise for the slightly blurry photo here.  And for the less-than-enthusiastic expression on my face.  I didn't take that many, thought they were all fine, and this was the only one with my head and my shoes.  Great.  I blame it on the woeful lack of sleep recently.  Last night I had just over 5 hours and it felt like luxury. 

1 comment: