If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Outfit #13 - I'm in the Money

 Today, I was cold for the first time in a while.  The first time this year when I wished I'd worn stockings and packed a cardigan or something.  Of course, we are in an almost-cyclone (which made tonight's run interesting).

Outfit details:
Dress (worn as a skirt): not sure (op shop).  Shirt: Miss Shop (from Jeannie).  Belt: Target.  Shoes: Pulp.  Owl earrings: Mombasa.


 I bought this dress on a rainy day last December.  I haven't had much luck at the op shop at Toowong, but a friend has found some fantastic things.  A sign out the front tempted us with 50% off (selected items), so inside we went.  A brown velvet dress (yet to be worn - we decided I'd buy it and we'd work out how to style it later), a long green maxi dress, and this green dress were my purchases.  But then I had problems with this green dress.  It feels really nice when on, but the top sits really oddly.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, and nearly put it in my giveaway pile - then I saw someone wearing a shirt over a dress.  Voila!  Styling success.  Belt required at waist, otherwise I look like a bag, but not a waste of a dress. 



The print of the dress is all money notes.  At first I thought it was US dollars, but on closer inspection it appears to be from all over the world.  Hence my feeling of being in the money... 

No comments:

Post a Comment