If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 24 June 2012

Flowers of the World

3 in a row!  New coffee places Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Just quietly drinking my way around Brisbane...

Today I had coffee with Jeannie for the first time in ages.  Both of us have had crazy terms and had hardly had a chance to breathe, let alone catch up.  But today (holidays! woohoo!) we met up at South Bank.  Our first choice was super busy, so we wandered down to Flowers of the World (Little Stanley St, not too far from the Suncorp Piazza).

This is one of those arty organic wholesome places.  I loved it.  For starters, the flower vibe was not so great that I was fighting sneezes.  It was a little heavy on the affirmations in the form of booklets and cards etc, but there was enough other goodness to ward off any vomit vibes.  We chose upstairs - check out some of the artwork:

Sofas and crocheted chairs and recycled settings.  Eco products.  All organic produce - so I didn't feel overly guilty about my indulgences.

Unfortunately the service was a little slow.  It took a while to order, and while it was busy (ie lots of people around) there didn't seem to be a rush in the service department, nor was there an apology for the wait in taking our orders.  Coffee took a while, and the cake was so much later that I'd actually gone to the register (for another really long wait) to see if it had been forgotten.  Good thing we had bonus gingernuts on the side.  By the time the orange and almond cake actually arrived I was so hungry I practically inhaled it (or maybe it's just that it was amazingly delicious).

I was glad we opted for inside and upstairs.  It was not only much quieter, but so much warmer.  I really want a return trip so I can try a much healthier treat of a Gaia ball - the chocolate variety of course.  Good thing it's now holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment