If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 22 June 2012

Place of Stones

Today, I finally visited my closest coffee place.  It's really a cafe/bistro type thing, but I just had coffee - this time.  It used to be that when explaining where I lived, I'd say just up the hill from this particular pizza place.  But then it became not that pizza place.  Place of Stones has been there a little while now, and my brother and his cohort often visit (so much so that the staff know them), but this was my first time.

The first thing I noticed was the well-stocked wall of shelves.  All sorts of books, plus some of those little boxes of cards.  Once we'd ordered, I asked Pat if he'd played the Ultimate Sports Trivia Quiz.  He hadn't, so my brother pulled down the box and we tried the quiz.  These boys are really into their sports so I was amazed (we all were really) when I got the first few answers, and more throughout the quiz.  Possibly due to my age...

Coffees here are good, and when the hot chocolate arrived I almost wished I'd ordered that instead.  Thankfully my cappuccino had a healthy dose of chocolate on top.

Future visits will have to include breakfast and dessert (maybe not in the one go) - the specials board lists Chocolate Crumble as one of the desserts and I'm so tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment