If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Outfit #45 - State of Origin 2

Outfit details:

Skirt: Table Eight (op shop).  Top: Tokito.  Stockings: Ambra.  Shoes: Pulp.  Earrings: made by me.

As I write this, the 2nd State of Origin game has just begun.  As a Queenslander, I feel I have a duty to wear maroon (or at least red or burgundy) on State of Origin days.  On Friday I went a bit nuts with stocktake sales, so this top was new and just begging to be worn. 

The skirt is also new (yes, I'm already over my June budget by a huge amount).  But it is an op shop find - one of those gems with the tags still attached, so I had a $144 discount.  I'm pretty happy with that.  It is quite bulky though, so I'm not in love with the obvious waist-line.  More experimentation required.

Since digging out these earrings a couple of weeks ago, they've been sitting around, staring at me.  Because they're little, they don't photograph well when I'm actually wearing them, and they lack that wow factor of larger or longer earrings.  But I'm liking them more and more so they're being worn a lot. 

You can get a bit of an idea about the skirt from this photo - it's very thick and woolly.  I feel I should be in the Scottish Highlands, with foggy surroundings and bracing air.

Today's photo:

Another day when I got to dinner and went, Oh Yeah.  Oops.  But, I love these salt and pepper shakers.  I bought them in Tasmania when on tour with QYO in 2000.  I hardly use salt and pepper when cooking.  However, I have been suffering from leg and foot cramps this year and it's only getting worse.  Everything I read points to a lack of sodium and potassium, and as I have a fairly unprocessed diet as well as a lot of exercise, I thought maybe I should start having salt occasionally.  I also used the macro setting with flash, which produced a much better effect than just super macro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment