If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 16 June 2012

More Kitchen Rearranging

A little while ago, I rearranged my kitchen appliances.  This required a few tries to find a workable solution, but I think I'm going to stick with the new setup of toaster and kettle to the right of the sink, coffee grinder and machine to the left of the stove.  However, all my teas were stored on the ledge dividing the kitchen from the living room, so today I moved them all.  This also meant moving the toaster and kettle perpendicular to its previous orientation.  Exciting stuff.

It has been really interesting since the original move to see what my arms do before my eyes see what they should be doing.  The number of times I've almost turned on the grinder when I'm intending to boil the kettle, or my brain just gets confused and I stand in front of the stove with a mug in my hand, having forgotten where to go for the tea or the kettle - I'm sure my nosy neighbours must get such a giggle.

I also rearranged my whole living room today.  I had a little concert for some students - thankfully it was really little as we wouldn't have been able to fit in any more! - so now the lovely space is evident.  I'll see how much I like teaching in this layout before deciding if it stays this way or not.

Today's photo:

Another Brisbane winter wonder.  After the concert (which was late morning, and very brief), we had coffee and fruit toast.  I voted for the courtyard as it was beautifully sunny outside but rather chilly inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment