If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 2 June 2012

Kitchen Appliance Reorganisation

A few months ago, Viola Man hosted a quartet night and I discovered we had matching coffee grinders and coffee machines.  His were side by side, which is nice and logical.  Mine were not.  My grinder was to the left of the sink, in the corner next to the stove.  My coffee machine was to the right of the sink, next to the microwave.  This irregularity has been on my mind ever since that quartet night.  This morning, I decided enough was enough.  I would move the microwave to the left of the sink, and the coffee grinder next to the coffee machine. 

After today's gig (playing for the official opening of the North Lakes Day Hospital), I had a snack and a cup of tea, then got to work.  The coffee grinder I moved to the bit of bench in front of the microwave.  The microwave is huge (the reason, in fact, I have it - my old neighbour redid her kitchen and it wouldn't fit in the new one), and it is heavy, so I kind of slid it along past the sink.  There I remembered why it's been where it's been.  It takes up almost the entire corner between the stove and the sink.  Hmm.  Plan B: keep the microwave in its corner, move the coffee machine to the left of the sink (keeping the grinder there, obviously).  This has the added benefit of not dripping water over clean dishes in the drying rack.  The drawback is, if it's to look all neat and symmetrical, it's a long reach to get to the switch on the grinder, but I think I can deal with it.

Yes, I bought a 'cappuccino shaker' about a week ago.  I love it.

Today's Daily Photo:

3 parts of this photo.  1 - it's at a gig (it's Saturday, after all), during the speeches.  2 - I'm wearing my new leopard print stockings, purchased yesterday, and feeling rather daring.  3 - I have my violin back!  Just before the staff concert, the fingerboard started coming off.  Yes, that was 2 months ago and I only just got him repaired (not by my regular violin repairer, who's on leave for a while).  I love having my violin back.  The other violin I play is lovely and I am so fortunate to be able to play her, but she's not mine, and I'm very conscious of her story when playing.  But my violin is my violin, and it feels so right playing him again.  And yes, the other violin is female (a 'strong woman' according to her maker), and mine is male.  A very French male.

No comments:

Post a Comment