If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Outfit #44 - New Brown Boots

Outfit details:

Dress: Spicysugar (from Jeannie).  Top: Dotti.  Stockings: Target.  Boots: Sandler.  Earrings: ?

I must be part-feline.  The idea of getting my feet wet is enough to change my sartorial plans, so long pants and flat shoes gave way to a short skirt and boots.  I probably would have switched to boots anyway.  These were purchased on Friday and I love them.  Every time I've left the house since buying them, I've been wearing them.  Not only are they new boots, but they're brown - I haven't owned brown footwear since I had to wear brown shoes to school.  It's been a while.  The stockings are also recent additions to my collection.  The day I bought the Nordic Knit print stockings, I resisted buying these.  Ever since, they haven't been available in my size, or were just not there.  Last week though, they were there, in my size - only pair available.  Score!

The lighting right now is fairly terrible.  Not only is it winter, and I'm not at home on a Tuesday while the sun is still up, but I need to replace 3 lightbulbs.  3!  So today, I brought down the desk lamp from the spare room and did a Pixar-style setup, but it still looks rather gloomy.  Fingers crossed for the right size globes available tomorrow.

I didn't realise until I was checking photos, but the trim on this dress matches the grey top.  I suspect it's one of those tones that looks grey with grey and black with black.  I also discovered today that the dress has a zip.  It's only about the 5th time I've worn the dress.  I do like the slightly space aspect to the dress - I get an 'Austin Powers' vibe whenever I wear it. 

A bit more boot love, and stocking love - you can't really get the full effect of the stockings but they have bands of colour in blocks up the legs.  If you look closely (really closely) at the lead photo you can just see the next blue block at the hem of the dress.

Today's photo:

Days like today are the reason I stopped taking photos for a while.  The sun wasn't up when I got to the station this morning, and the scratches on the windows prevented a good shot for the evening ride (which had nice light).  The weather was cold and rainy so I hardly left my teaching room, which has a view of buildings and palms - not terribly exciting.  So, for the first time ever, I took my phone with me on tonight's run.  I figured it was time, as I will be running the half-marathon with it, and I run to areas in which I'm not a local.  There have been several occasions when I've wished for a camera when running, not just for the lights but as a reminder of how far I've come.  The Kurilpa Bridge used to be my Long Run end point.  Now, my short run is another couple of kilometres each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment