If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 22 October 2012

Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins

I am one of the thousands of people who 'Like' Clean Eating Recipes on Facebook.  With a few rather mashable bananas around, I tried my first Clean Eating recipe today.  Almost.

Ingredients:
2 cups almond meal
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup Natvia (my first time using this)
1 vanilla pod, seeds only (I didn't have any so used a teaspoon of vanilla essence)
1 heaped tablespoon protein powder - they used white chocolate (this recipe is originally White Choc Banana muffins - obviously mine became just chocolate banana muffins)
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1/8 cup olive oil
slivered almonds to top

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C, line muffin tin with cupcake/muffin cases (I had to improvise with ripped bits of baking paper).
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.  Spoon about 1/4 - 1/3 cup mixture into each muffin case, top with slivered almonds, and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

So easy!  They do taste a bit healthy - I'm going to count this as a good thing though, as it will stop me eating the whole batch before freezing any for later. 

For the zone diet thing, I'm going to count each muffin as 2 lots of fat, 1 carb and 1 protein, at least until I find some nutritional information from the Clean Eating team.  So morning tea this week will be a healthy muffin, a small piece of fruit, and some cheese or an egg.  Unless I make some more protein balls which worked so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment