If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 12 October 2012

The Asylum Seeker Welcome Pack

On Sunday, I picked up a copy of the church community newsletter (this in itself is a New Thing).  In part of my effort to avoid overheating, I read it cover to cover on the sofa.  I found an article/advertisement about welcome packs for asylum seekers and thought it was something I could do quite easily.  The group (Multicultural Development Association) recommended putting together a toiletries pack, including items like soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, combs, toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, washing powder, tissues, shaving cream and razor.  I'd actually found some of these items (as well as some similar items, like body lotions) in my recent clean up of various parts of my house, and it was quite easy to start putting together some of the other items.  The ad also has suggestions of other items you could include, like a Go-card, Coles card, t-shirts etc.  I haven't got all suggested items yet, or many optional extras, but I'm on my way.  Next step is to contact the lady mentioned. 

Today's photos:

Yes, today there are two - I just couldn't choose.  Both my tomato plants have little tomatoes growing, and with the sunlight, yesterday's rain, and windy conditions, I like the result of both photographs.

The top is a Black Russian, the bottom one is a mystery - some sort of cherry tomato, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment