If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 27 October 2012

The Prestige Music Festival

Today was a big day.  The first major event was the Prestige Music Festival.  Not only was this my first Prestige Music Festival event, but it was also the first time I've had a school group (of more than 3) perform in a competition.  I find school performances nerve-wracking enough, but this is huge. 

Well, as it turned out, it wasn't as huge as I expected.  From the masses of people - parents, kids, and siblings - in the foyer, I thought it would be a packed auditorium.  But once you had performed, you could go - so about half of the 30 or so people in the audience (when we performed) were supporting my kids.  I'm very proud of them - not only did they do their regular trick of not being able to keep it together until the last rehearsal, and then stay beautifully together in performance, but they also scored a silver (not that they came 2nd, really, as there are no 1sts etc, but more like a B).  I knew they wouldn't get a gold - because we were still trying to get from beginning to end all together, we hadn't done too much on dynamics or bowings.  Now that I have a bit more awareness of what goes on in these festivals, I feel I could do a better job with them next year. 

As it was my first year, they gave me a little present:
...which is a photo frame.  I feel all warm and fuzzy.  The whole experience was very positive, and so good for the girls.  Bonus - more quotes for my other blog!

Today's photo:

After the festival, I then had to get home, have a quick lunch, finish putting music in folders, and get to the next gig, a wedding at Glengarriff winery in Dayboro.  So pretty... Quickest wedding ceremony ever as they had to beat the storm that rolled in about 30 minutes after this photo was taken.  They made it, with about 10 minutes to spare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment