If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 7 May 2012

Let Me Count the Ways

How did I change today?  Let me count the ways...

1. I woke up to find I'd been Timelined.  I do appreciate Facebook giving me a preview before forcing me to change, and giving me the chance to remove or hide things before the enforced changeover in a week.  Switching to Timeline was something I was actually considering doing over the holidays, but I didn't get around to it.  Normally I resist the Facebook changes until it is forced upon me, but with such a long build-up for this one, and so many friends already using this method (willingly or not), I was just about ready to make the switch on my own anyway.  Now though, I have the dilemma of deleting old posts from certain people I'd rather not remember, or keeping them there.  It is a part of my life, after all... More thought required.  2. It did spur me to stalk an ex friend though, and my feelings were not so upset as they have been.  Maybe, in time, we could be friends again.  No promises though.

3. I had a wonderful sleep in, thanks to the public holiday.  After yesterday's coffee diet (I worked out today I had 5, 2 of them doubles - youch!) I was only a teensy bit worried about sleeping, but I was so exhausted I had no problems getting to sleep.  And I slept.  Woohoo!  I even had a lunchtime nap.  Super.

4. I did not wear jeans today.  I love jeans, but wore a knit dress and tartan stockings instead.  Perfect.

5. I just ran.  Recently I've been trying to go as fast as I can, working out where to sprint, aiming for a certain distance in a certain time.  Tonight, I admitted to myself I am a slow runner, and I just ran.  I also did not walk, except for the first 10-20 metres after my 2 drink stops.  There are some bits that I have been walking because my brain stops telling my feet to run, but most of me knows that's unnecessary, so tonight they were run.  My overall time was better by 2 minutes than my previous best time for that distance.  'Nuff said.

6. I experimented with outfits and stockings.  More will be revealed about me and stockings in good time.  I know it's hard to believe, but I think I need more shoes.  And another pair of boots. 

7.  Ooh, I'm surprised I didn't remember this before.  I planned.  Last week I was in a grizzly grump of a mood, feeling very much over everything even though it was only week 3.  On Friday I investigated some options of things I could do, but today I had so many more ideas.  Including (so excited!) a potential getaway.  Only for a night, but I think being not in Brisbane will be good for me and my brain.

8. Oh, and yeah, I baked.  That's not new... and it was using very ripe bananas - also not new.  Find the recipe here for these Coconut, Chocolate and Banana muffins.  I used Green & Black's 85% which was maybe not the greatest choice - it is quite bitter, but Lindt Lindor was a less appealing option.  Next time I think I will mix in 1/4 cup cocoa for an even bigger chocolate hit.  I am also not a huge fan of the coconut - I was trying to think of a decent substitution, but maybe if I just omit it, it might just make not so many (the recipe makes 36 mini muffins). 

No comments:

Post a Comment