If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Outfit #27 - I've Got the Blues

Outfit details:
Shirt: Lily White (op shop).  Dress: Cue (op shop).  Shoes: Lipstick Design (op shop).  Earrings: made by me.  Scarf (below): gift from Judy.  Jacket (below): Sportsgirl (from Jeannie).  I think this is the first entirely recycled school outfit.

Cons of this outfit: the straps on the dress kept slipping down.
Pros of this outfit: where do I begin?!  Well, a good start would be that this dress is from Cue.  It used to be that I would not even bother entering a Cue store - I was just the wrong shape.  But this fits!  And in my normal size too.  I actually had this outfit planned for the end of last term, but the zip is really stiff - the thought of struggling to do the zip and then wearing a very restrictive outfit all day did not really appeal in that weather.  But the dress is even looser now, and I finished breakfast 6 minutes faster than normal this morning so I could get to work on the zip.

When I was thinking about what to wear today, I must admit I had the blues.  I won't go into that here, but my mood and the desire to wear these shoes again resulted in an all-blue ensemble.  It worked so well!  As soon as I was in the heels I felt better.  Add to that the compliments I received on shoes and general elegance and this was one much happier teacher.


 I made a bracelet from these same stone chips (dyed agate), which I love.  The clasp tore off in a mega-clothes-trying-on experience and I just haven't replaced it yet - maybe this weekend. 


After the last time I wore this shirt, I was on the phone with my mum.  "Now...about these outfits...", she starts.  Immediately I'm wary.  "That shirt with the stripes.  It looks a bit tired.  I think maybe you should retire it..."  I asked if it would be ok if it was under something else (the problem was with the bottom hem), but the suggestion was not met with excitement.  I wonder if this result is acceptable.  It certainly met with approval at school.


Can you tell I'm wearing stockings?  Again, possibly the first time I've worn stockings with peep toe shoes.  Without reinforced toes I hope it was ok.  Thankfully it didn't result in my feet slipping around in the shoes.

Obviously the weather has really changed, so for the earlier and later hours I also sported the scarf and jacket.  The jacket has the backing of a badge - I have several ideas for a covering for it but I'm thinking of asking some kids for ideas.  They're always entertaining.  As a bonus, I now have a maroon jacket for when State of Origin rolls around.

The scarf is so beautiful to wear.  And possibly my most versatile scarf.  It's light enough that I can wear it when the weather is only moderately cold, but there's enough of it that it suits for much colder weather also. 

Can you tell I'm ridiculously tired?  A few of these scarf shots were horrendously eye-baggy.  This one is not amazing, but it does show the colours of the scarf and jacket best (although the jacket is actually a bit brighter).

No comments:

Post a Comment