If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Outfit #41 - Flattery

Outfit details:
Skirt: Gina Tricot (op shop).  Singlet, both black tops, and jacket (below): Dotti.  Stockings: Target.  Boots: Sandler.  Earrings: Mombasa.  Scarf (below): gift.

So, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  And I know you're probably thinking, today's outfit is remarkably similar to last Tuesday's... But it's not, I promise!  Different earrings, and different black tops, and different scarf.  Truly.
Yes, same subject matter for stockings/footwear/skirt photo as last week.  

Yesterday afternoon, I had no idea what I might wear today.  Then I went running.  17.6km.  For most of the return, I was hungry.  For even more of the return, my knees were complaining.  Not enough for me to need to walk, but enough for me to be aware of them.  So the thought of wearing heels, or even cute ballet flats, was not a comfort.  In fact, I wanted to wear the outfit closest resembling slippers and pajamas.  No, this is not what I wear to bed.  But it is wonderfully comfy.  And the boots are the only shoes I could consider, especially as the forecast was for rain.  Thankfully, today I was not sore (not any more than after Monday's training session anyway) and I didn't have to be outside when it was raining.
But today I received a delightful text.  Two of the brass teachers at school have a gorgeous child, about 18 months old.  They sent me a photo today of their girl, standing in the middle of books and puzzles, a cute expression on her face, and the caption "How I changed today: Outfit no. 1".  It was mentioned that this was only Outfit no. 1 for today, depending on how many costume changes are necessary for spills and things.  I was thrilled.

1 comment: