If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Outfit #31 - Take Two

Outfit details:

Dress: Cue (op shop).  Shirt: Witchery.  Shoes: Pulp.  Earrings: David Jones.  Necklace: made by me.

I wore this dress last week on Tuesday, so would not normally have picked it for an outfit this week.  However, when rifling through my wardrobe I found this top.  I figured this was the perfect weather for it.  It's debut outing didn't work brilliantly - too cold, then too hot - but under a pinafore and a jacket (I wore my maroon one to school) it worked quite well.  I think this is only the second time I've worn these shoes to school.  So, 2nds for everything.



So, I was right - it was the perfect weather for this top.  Well, perfect weather and perfect work hours.  Wednesdays start a bit later for me now and I finish at school earlier than before, because Thursdays are happening.  I like this. It means I can have a teensy sleep-in.  It means I can take an outfit photo before I leave in the morning.  It means I don't have to gobble breakfast in order to have enough time to do the zip on this dress.  Best of all, it meant today I could have a 20 minute nap.  Which was really a sleep. 






Wednesdays are also a chance to wear necklaces.  I often teach for only 2 or 3 hours at school, and grade 3 crowd control doesn't need me (usually) to be able to play without rattling.  I was in charge for a little for each of the classes today but we only just started playing with the bow on open strings.  Last week there was a little one in tears and I thought it was because her shoulder rest fell off just before they all started playing.  This week - same child in tears for most of the lesson.  I asked if something was hurting.. "My blub blub can't blub burble hiccup arm burble blub blub sound.."  Riiiight.... Turns out she's a crier. 

Obviously, taking photos at school gets really boring - these are in my courtyard.  This is only possible on some occasions - the lighting, weeds and spiderweb conditions have to be just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment