If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 14 May 2012

The Slippers

This week is one of those that might be wonderful for me.  But it might be one of those that forces me into the foetal position until it's over.  One of the things I find comforting in this time of year is slippers.  I have really warm, knitted slippers that are like extra warm cocoons for my feet.  I have furry Bonds sock-like things - they make me look like a wild animal with cute buttons on the side, and grip things on the pink underside.  These are really good for cool weather, and are fine even over socks - but there's no coverage on the top of my feet or around my ankles.  For winter, I have a pair of warm boot-like slippers.  For the last ...many... years, I have worn Ugg boots (the cheap versions, not the real versions).  The other day, buying a replacement pair, I very nearly bought the normal sort, albeit in a different colour.  But, as it was nearly Mother's Day, slippers were all on special.  Apparently, they're No. 3 on the list of things to give your mum on mother's day.  So this pair of "Hoodie's for your Feet" was the same price as the cheap uggies.  Sold!

Tonight, I left on my run in my usual outfit of 3/4 pants and a cotton singlet.  This was maybe not quite enough.  When I got back it was 14C, and my forearms and hands were still quite cold.  A warm shower helped, getting out the chicken casserole from a hot oven also helped, but the new slippers...they made me feel all warm again.  I think these are a good choice.  They are much warmer than the old warm slipper variety, and much prettier too - who can go past pink and grey and white love hearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment