If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Thursday 10 May 2012

Outfit #32 - Numbers

Outfit details:

Skirt: Sunny Girl (op shop).  Top: Ambra (bamboo).  Black and white top (below): Limited Editions (Target).  Shoes: Pulp.  Earrings: made by me.  Necklaces: from Jeannie, and op shop.

I was originally going to wear the black and white top during the day, and a long-sleeved black top later... But the weather was a little warmer than I expected.  Thankfully, the black and white top is low-maintenance.  It was squashed in my bag all day but came out looking fine at 5:15.  I love clothes like that.

I was especially happy with these shoes today.  It was their longest day in a while, with a lot of standing and walking.  Why a long Thursday?  Tonight was the first school concert of the year, and the group I just took on had its first performance.  After 3 weeks of fairly great behaviour from most of them, even the good ones were a little nuts with excitement.  Unfortunately, their pre-concert behaviour was ... enough to warrant a talking-to from another teacher.  Fortunately, they then kept it together (mostly) for the rest of the night. 

Even better, they played superbly well.  Not perfect, but close enough - much more together than I've ever heard them, more in tune, they even included contrast when we got to the smooth rich bit.  For kids who have been mostly playing their instrument since last year (and in a whole class at that), I'm impressed.

I received many comments today - the button detail on the skirt, just general "You look really pretty today", and one kid even sat next to me in the concert so she could stare at my beads and then fiddle with them.  I got a teensy shock at first when she reached across me to touch the necklaces. 

I bet you're wondering about the Numbers title of this post.  32 is my favourite number (it's outfit #32).  I think it is the best number that exists, for so many reasons.  And Outfit #32 occurs on May 10 - 10/5 - ooh, both of them are good numbers also.  If I'd realised this sooner I might have done more with it... But, I like black, and white, and there are green beads on one of the necklaces.  I love numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment