If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 25 May 2012

Outfit #39 - Three Minutes

Outfit details:
Dress: Luka.  Stockings: Target.  Shoes: Hot Options.  Earrings: Oxfam.  Jacket: Dotti.  Scarf: gift from Judy.

This outfit was originally planned as 'Four in a Row' - having just returned to having 3 school days a week, this was a week with 4 appearances.  The quartet I take had their first performance at the junior school assembly this morning (they played wonderfully).  The quartet missed their rehearsal last week due to NAPLAN (school policy of no rehearsals before school for students doing those tests) and this week they were a little shaky.  We agreed that a run-through this morning would be beneficial, normal 7:30 start.  For a 7:30 start, I try to leave by 6:25 so I can get coffee on the way and still be at school by 7:20.  So, aiming to leave at 6:25, I actually woke up at 6:28.  AGH!

However, thanks to my new morning routine, I was out the door at 6:33.  I'm quite proud of this.  I even brushed my hair.  All my clothes were hanging in dressing order, I grabbed the earrings still on a bedside table and a protein bar from the pantry, and I even remembered my make-up bag from yesterday's school bag.  Thankfully I was using the same handbag from last night's rehearsal and it was all packed and ready to go.  Force of habit had me taking my sunglasses, and my umbrella was already packed.  Thank goodness - having not opened any curtains, stepping outside I found a very bleak and rainy day.  No sunglasses actually required, but the umbrella got a workout.

I missed out on coffee.  I had a proper breakfast when I got home at about 10:30, and was obviously not in the mood for photos.  I can't wait for the chance for a proper sleep...maybe Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment