If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 12 May 2012

Not a Subtle Bag

This was another Saturday where I barely had a half hour to myself.  I used my half hour to sit on the courtyard steps, drinking coffee and enjoying the sunshine and the plants.  However, once I'd finished teaching I had 15 minutes to get changed and get to the Botanic Gardens for a gig, then to the cathedral for the final rehearsal then performance of Handel's Theodora.  I decided to use my bright floral bag.  It is not subtle, it is not black, but it does hold a lot of stuff.  I'm pretty sure nearly everything would have fit into my bright green handbag, but not the music as well.

After last week, when I'd done the "I'll buy something to eat on the way" thing which resulted in really bad food choices, I decided to pack dinner (including a fork) and a snack for today.  Plus an extra snack for just in case.  I was really good and actually ate the snack with post-gig coffee instead of indulging in fruit toast.  Also in this bag I packed a long-sleeved top, my black velvet jacket, and a black scarf.  The Theodora music (slightly bigger than A4) was the reason for the large bag so in it went.  My normal handbag things also made it in - water bottle, purse, phone, gocard, earphones, lip balm, and lip gloss.  I think that was about it. 

Although I like being able to fit music in this bag, I can't actually get anything out of it without using 2 hands.  And today I did feel seasonally mismatched.  I may have mentioned before the problem of having my brother take photos.  This was the least weird of the cast-offs.  You can still tell I'm laughing, but I'm not blurry which is a plus.  Also, I think in this one he'd actually told me he was about to take the photo, unlike several others.  Candid shots (at least for me) are usually very strange shots.

It was a beautiful day for a wedding - clear blue skies, a bit of warmth.  Gorgeous.  I snapped this last picture as we were leaving the gardens.  I missed out on a photo of a reptile swimming after the ducks which was disappointing, but Theodora awaited.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, I don't know how or why this post about the unsubtle bag came to be on my computer again but it was good to see it. You look happy & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete