If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 27 May 2012

The Sunday Morning Black Star Breakfast

This morning, I was not on duty at church (two weeks in a row!).  In fact, I had nothing scheduled for today at all, and was very nearly about to book plane tickets for a day trip.  That will have to wait, as I had a chance for some auntie time this afternoon.  Big smiles.  Anyway, with nothing on til the afternoon, a Black Star breakfast was in order.  I have heard great things about these.  I was not disappointed.

I am not great at going out for breakfast.  When I wake up, I like to be eating within about 15 minutes.  Very occasionally, I will have a cup of tea in bed and then have breakfast, but the thought of being awake for an hour before eating - it's not usually successful.  This morning I had a coffee and then away we went.

Not wanting to dither over choices, I opted for the same as what my brother was having - poached eggs and bacon on ciabatta bread.  It was a good choice, and the Black Star breakfast lived up to its reputation.

As a bonus, we were #1.  (Meaning, our table 'number' was a billiard ball with #1 on it).  Not such a bonus was the conversation next to us.  Being a Sunday morning I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but there was a very Gen Y group at the adjacent tables.  It was like listening to the boring, geeky and opinionated conversations at a party (obviously I haven't had great party experiences).  Their opinions on talking to girls, who was the best James Bond (?!?!), how wonderful Kevin Costner is for not only starring in, but directing Dances with Wolves as well.  My goodness. 

If you haven't yet discovered Black Star, go to Thomas St in West End.  Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment