If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hairstyle (2) and Leftover Lamb (2)

On Saturday, it will be my mariachi debut (check out the website for details, although I don't know exactly when we'll be on).  I'm the only girl, so in one way it makes it easier - I don't have black pants or a white shirt, which caused some distress at first, but I can get away with black skirt and top, and I'll be borrowing a jacket.  They're providing earrings and a rose for my hair, but I need to have my hair pulled back to the side.  Obviously, the side that isn't the same side as the violin.  Today I gave it a test run, and it's more user-friendly than I expected.  Apart from a little pull to the side when I first fixed it, it feels just like my normal hairstyle.  Hairpins are required to keep the not-long-enough bits looking neat, but it's still in place as I write after several hours.

It's hairstyle #2 - so many I could do, I just don't.  The last new one was in February - I'm aiming to do more with my hair, I promise.  I wish my nose wasn't so weird, too.

Tonight was another leftover lamb dinner - this time, pizza with roast lamb, sweet potato and pumpkin.  Bonus - there's enough pizza dough in the freezer now for another pizza in the future.

I confess, I don't use 'strong' flour when doing bread dough.  Maybe that's a New Thing for the future. Coriander was just at hand, so I sprinkled some on top - more for visual appeal... but the pot comes with nutritional know-how so I felt virtuous.

Today's photo:

I only went outside today to go to the gym, and to take out the rubbish.  And to take this photo - raindrops on rose leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment