If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Tuesday 3 July 2012

June Spending

Budget, smudget.  My excuse: stocktake sales.  Plus there's less of me than before...  But still, please don't hate me!


June 1 - I was so relieved we'd started a new month, I spent more than half my budget in the city the first day:
Target: Leopard stockings; Marle stripe stockings - $7 each = $14
Lifeline Adelaide St: Table Eight skirt (below left); Jeanswest dress (not pictured) - $26 each = $52

Subtotal $66

June 8, and I was really on the hunt for new boots.  On the way to finding my new brown boots, I found - finally! - the colour block stripe stockings in my size at Target, $7; and cowl neck tops from Tokito...on sale... I love this brand, and these tops are so beautiful to wear.  I couldn't decide on a colour so bought one in navy and one in purple (according to the label - I think it's more mulberry, myself- pictured left).  $45 each = $90

Total = $163

I did also find the new brown boots, on sale - a very good sale indeed.  I'm cheating a bit here, not including them in the total as they are not only a high-price item and guaranteed to put me over just on them alone, but footwear is important.  Given the state of my other boots - they still look fine but I don't feel fine after a few hours in them - I count these more as a replacement item rather than a more frivolous extra.

And now, to appease my guilt at such over-indulgence, I think I'd better make yet another resolution: if I go over budget, I need to donate the same amount of excess to a charity.  I have to give my dad credit for this idea - years ago he started a similar scheme, so if he bought a shirt, for example, he'd donate the same amount of money to a charity.  It really makes you think twice about the word 'need'.

No comments:

Post a Comment