If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 8 July 2012

The Order of Breakfast, and Tognini's Milton

I like alphabetical order.  It makes sense.  When making breakfast, I have an order for the food components which makes perfect sense.  There are so many components of a porridge breakfast though, so this allows me to put them in the bowl in alphabetical order - except it ends with porridge then spices (the spices, of course, are sprinkled in alphabetical order).  If my fruit of choice was apple, for example, it would be as follows: almonds, apple, goji berries, protein powder, ricotta, porridge, spices.  This morning, however, I was doing the dark chocolate and marmalade porridge (an excellent incentive to crawl out of bed on a cold morning).  This means no almonds or fruit, so I felt quite daring reversing the order of food into the bowl: ricotta, protein powder, goji berries, porridge, spices.  And instead of keeping everything reverse alphabetical, I put the chocolate and then the marmalade into the porridge. 

The end result, of course, was the same - yummy breakfast, mixed nicely.  My brain did not explode knowing the ingredients had been added semi-randomly.

After church, a few of us had coffee at Tognini's, Milton.  I used to live across the road from here, but I don't believe it was there when I was there.  This is most likely a good thing, as I would probably be the size of a house if I still lived so close.  The savoury selection looked pretty tempting, but the sweets - drool.....  It was a tough choice, but I went with the most amazing brownie ever.  That wasn't actually what they called it, but it was similar, and accurate.

Today's photo:

Not a great photo, but it looked pretty special in reality.  Walking up Ann St this morning, I was stopped by the sight of what looked like a sun shower.  The building next to Anzac Square had a mass of water droplets falling at its side.  I soon worked out it was something like window cleaning going on.  You can just get a glimpse of the water effect in the middle of the photo, all that haziness in the sunlight.  Hopefully tomorrow will be more artistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment