If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Friday 26 April 2013

Flight Mode

Flight mode, or How To Get a Good Night's Sleep.  You see, I have my phone on silent, permanently.  But various notifications will cause my phone to vibrate or light up, and not everyone sleeps (or wants to sleep) at the same time as me.  So when, after struggling to get to sleep for a little too long, and just about to fall off the edge into sleeptown, and someone decides to send me a message or like an Instagram photo, I'm then wide awake again and rather irritated.  (Hint: I'm not going to respond to gig requests after midnight).

The use of flight mode only came about because I kept approaching my internet usage limit at home.  I suspected using my phone's Wifi was partly responsible, and started switching to flight mode when playing games.  I don't know if it made that much difference... But one night I forgot to switch off flight mode before going to sleep and I slept so well.  And when I returned to normal in the morning, I had several items come up that would have disturbed my sleep. 

Obviously, no one really contacts me for emergency purposes.  My responsible side is aware of this very small possibility, so I'm going to try the Do Not Disturb option as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment