If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Sunday 14 April 2013

Hawthorne

I really wasn't going to do my New Place today.  I actually thought earlier in the holidays would be a great plan.  That didn't work out.  Obviously.  And then, I thought a later Sunday during this month would be fine.  But if you were awake in Brisbane this morning you would know how fabulous the weather was today, especially compared to the extensive rain we had yesterday.  I love rainy weather, but I'd rather go exploring in drier weather.

After church, I was all set on going straight home and tackling my to-do list for the day.  Then a ferry ride popped into my head, and then I thought I could visit Hawthorne.  I stopped for some caffeine first, then took a Citycat from North Quay.  Typical tourist shot followed (you gotta fit in).

Clouds were starting to gather by this stage, so it wasn't the perfect blue skies of earlier.  Still lovely, though.  I'd checked the map and, once I got to Hawthorne I headed for Hawthorne Park, about 700m from the ferry stop.  This park turned out to be a 'healthy park' - there's a running track around it, and those structures that aid chin ups and other exercises, and goal posts, and an oval.  And hardly any seats.  I walked around the track a bit, until I came to a seat occupied only by an ibis.  I think it was threatened by me. 

The whole way there, cruising down the river and walking to the park, I kept thinking about which places would have been flooded in the last few years.  Everything was very neat and clean and orderly, but near the ibis seat, I came across 2 pools of reflections.  Very serene, but a definite reminder of all the rain we've had recently and the low-lying area in which I found myself.
 After taking many photos of reflections, I headed back to the ferry and then home.  I'm sure Hawthorne has more to offer than the park and a whole lot of water, but that will have to wait for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment