If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 29 April 2013

The Room Redo, Stage 2

Over the Easter holidays, I started trying to make my room a bit nicer, more Me.  In Stage 1, I made the 'other' bedside table prettier and not so 'other'.  This has resulted in me reading in bed a whole lot more.  This is good.

Stage 2 I just had to Do.  An imminent visit from the parents finally spurred me on.  My cane chair was a gift from them for my 10th birthday, and very much loved.  However, when I left home (really the other way around, but I won't go into that here) the chair went with the parents.  In their current residence it was languishing, so on one visit when mum asked if there was anything of mine I would like them to bring down, I asked for this.  Ah, the nostalgia!  And then it sat in the spare room for a while.  Which was nice for the spare room and anyone who stayed there.  But I felt this corner of my room could do with a chair.  A cane chair.  From my childhood. 
The cushion needs a new cover - hence the black and white bedspread.  Perhaps Stage 2a will be a new cushion cover, and washing the other cushion covers while I'm at it.  I do rather like having the cheerful Fergus smiling at me, too.  Now I am really looking forward to Sunday afternoon when I'll have a chance to curl up and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment