If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Outfit #125 - Winners and Not

Last night, for the first time, my trivia team won a round.  Outright, too.  Even more amazing was that the subject was Brisbane, and only one of us was born here (not me).  Unfortunately, I hadn't tried out this outfit beforehand, and as I was dressed only 2 minutes before having to leave, I didn't have time to alter it.
Tank: Now.  Top: Suite Boutique.  Skirt: Katies.  Shoes: Girl Xpress.  Scarf: Gregory Ladner.  Cardigan: Jeanswest.
One issue of contention in our winning round though - our quizmaster was adamant (and then a bit stroppy) that St John's cathedral is still under construction.  It's not - it was completed in October 2009.  It does show that we need to update our Wikipedia site though!
In this outfit I was really glad I am in an arty role.  No comments about the mostly-black outfit with bright splashes of random colour.  No comments of mixing whatever you might call the pattern style on these shoes with the floral skirt with the totally different scarf.  Despite the floppiness of both halves of this outfit (not one of my preferred outfit styles), attention was diverted to my shoes.  I had many comments along the lines of "Iloveyourshoes!".
I have often worn the ribbon from this skirt.  Despite having owned this skirt for more than 6 years though, this is the first time I've worn the ribbon with the skirt, in its intended location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment