If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Monday 20 February 2012

Beverages

 You know when you embrace change, it just snowballs?  Maybe that's just me, but I have noticed a whole lot of change happening in my life - and not by my choice.  (I'm coping, it's ok!).  Today I had no idea what I might do for something different.  Then, I got up.

Trainer Dan asked for an earlier time, which meant I didn't have my normal Monday morning pre-training breakfast.  Then, after a killer workout (8 fast rounds - my last time was my best, just saying), I got to learn Turkish get-ups.  More about those soon.  And I thought, that could be today's New Thing.  But then I went to the supermarket.

About a year ago I started drinking a glass of vegie juice most days.  It was a suggestion from a doctor-parent as an immunity thing and has mostly worked.  After a few foul-tasting trials, I found a juice I could actually drink - GC Raw, in 3 delightful flavours.  Which are no longer available in the larger bottle.  Although tempted, I decided it was ridiculous to pay that much.  I grizzled in front of the fridge for a while before heading to the long-life aisle.  So this is my new vegie juice.  Woolworths Select, much cheaper, and the tropical flavour helps me drink it without gagging.  Win.

I also needed to buy tea.  On my list was Green Tea with Vanilla.  This is what I drink with breakfast on school mornings, as I know I can't have black tea with breakfast (it blocks iron absorption), and there's no time for coffee.  I'd run out of this on the very last school day last year (superb timing), but neglected to replenish the stock for this year.  Week 5, and I finally remembered on Monday that I needed to buy it for Tuesday.  I spotted this range of teas, though, and thought I'd give it a go.  How pretty is this packaging?  I'm drinking a cup right now and it is one of those Really Amazingly Good Teas.  Very smooth, no bag taste, not in the "I'm herbal, I'm good for you so just forget how I taste and drink me" category at all.  Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment