If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Saturday 4 February 2012

Friday February 4 - Liquids


My new things were in the liquids. 

Breakfast:  coffee and a smoothie.  This only came about because yoghurt was ordered for the delivery on Thursday but they were out of stock.  Agh!  I really don't like having muesli (or any cereal) with milk.  Plus I must admit to developing a slight addiction to smoothies recently.

Recipe for smoothie:
1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon each protein powder and psyllium husks, 1 teaspoon crunchy peanut butter, c. 1/3 cup chopped mango.  Blend.  I'd run out of honey also, and despite having the cinnamon out, I forgot to include that yet again.  Eventually, I'll remember.





I met Jeannie in West End for some op-shopping, lunch, and coffee.  Lunch was at The Forest, a place I'd never been before (vegan, hippie - you know the type).  It's not often I order juice, but the gorgeous bag I was using has a limited capacity.  I can choose to take a water bottle, or an umbrella.  After choosing the water bottle on one occasion, the umbrella now wins.  So I was thirsty.  This was dragonfruit and lime juice, quite refreshing.  Being in such a healthy sort of place, I didn't even think it would have anything but dragonfruit and lime juice in it.  But, after finishing it, I turned the bottle around and saw the ingredients...  Disappointed.  Sugar and flavour were added, so I'm not having this again.

Coffee was at the Jam Jar - so very West End (and a place I'd never been before) - it's on Boundary St if you want to check it out.  Coffee was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment