If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Outfit #7




 Outfit details:
Shirt dress: Jeanswest (op shop).  Belt: Target.  Leggings: Ambra.  Shoes: from Jeannie.  Olympics earrings: gift.

I think of these earrings as Olympics earrings.  They were a birthday present I received during the last Olympics, and they are gold, silver and bronze (although it's a bit hard to see in the photo).

Today needed a bit of a fun outfit (yes, all black can be fun...) as I was helping with grade 3 strings for the first time.  I won't wear a short skirt next time - I forgot how little grade 3 kids can be, and there was a bit more 'sitting on the floor' time than I had anticipated.  For them.  This was my first group string lesson experience.  I've never taught a group of more than 2, and when they're in an ensemble they can already play.  Trying to position 18 violins/violas on little shoulders not used to this whole shoulder rest/chin rest thing, with the addition of school badges, making it not incredibly uncomfortable - it's tough.  And then all over again in the next class.  I had one boy approach me after - "can you put on badges?  Can you put mine back on for me?"  Their teacher (their real teacher, doing all the work) does such a great job.  All the kids said at the end that it was really fun.  And mostly they could count to 4 and do a little dance in the middle (interesting, in some cases, very energetic in most cases). 

No comments:

Post a Comment