If You Always Do What You've Always Done...Then You'll Always Get What You Always Got

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Outfit #11 - A Bit of Snow White


Wearing this skirt, I felt a little bit like Snow White.  A modern, sub-tropical Snow White.  I definitely had a lot of little people around (although no grade 3 kids today, there was a whole-school assembly during the strings time - really, who does that?!).

Outfit: 
Skirt:  Capture (op shop). Top: Ambra.  Shoes: Pinet.  Earrings: Vietnamese (from Oxfam Shop).  Necklace: made by me.

This was a skirt I bought at the end of Summer School and have been waiting for an opportunity to wear it ever since.  It is quite firm around the waist, so I'd rather not wear it on super hot and humid days.  Today was quite, quite warm - got up to 31 - but not ridiculously humid.  And with all the running I've been doing lately it's not as firm anyway.

When it's on though, I feel a bit special.  It's lined (I love lined skirts) and a bit puffy.  Hence the Snow White feeling.  I must say though, I skimped on the puffy top and boring shoes. 

These shoes received so many compliments.  Not quite everyone I saw complimented me, but many did.  I wore them a couple of weeks ago with long pants so I guess having them exposed made a difference.  They do need to be chosen carefully...  Because there was no assembly, there was a rehearsal for tomorrow's staff concert and then coffee, of course.  Bit of a walk to get the coffee.  And I had 2 young ones I needed to collect and deliver, which is many many steps.  The nail polish is no longer pink, back to a reddish hue - OPI Quarter of a Cent-cherry.  Love it.
These earrings were such an impulse buy.  Last June I had amazing shopping mojo.  I walked into Oxfam looking for something practical (I forget now what that was), and saw these in the discount basket at the front.  Sold!  Every photo shows a different colour, they're like a dark mother-of-pearl.

The necklace I made in June last year, as I was getting tired of not being able to wear necklaces while playing.  I made this and another that have the beads starting low enough that nothing rattles under a shoulder rest or on my collarbones.





Yes.  I'm getting bored of boring poses.  So I imagine anyone reading this will be getting bored of my boring poses.  Besides, this is one of those skirts in which you just need to twirl.  I need to perfect the photo jump/twirl though.

No comments:

Post a Comment